How to decrease the current level of pumping from the golf course.
- Do an independent study to determine how best to mitigate the water, especially with more water expected due to impending climate change.
- Follow Prior Lake's lead and make upstream communities responsible for handling their own water and pollution rather than just dumping it downstream.
- Fix/remove impediments in Minnehaha Creek downstream of Lake Hiawatha to lower the lake level which will reduce seepage back to the golf course.
- Re-institute maintenance of the inlet to Lake Hiawatha to allow the water to pass through the lake more quickly.
- Replace trees that have been lost on the golf course property. More trees on the golf course would consume large amounts of water that is currently being pumped. (The MPRB's proposed plan would lose even more trees.)
Read more at: SaveHiawatha18 White Paper