Concerns with moving pumping from the golf course to the neighborhoods.
- Engineering modeling has shown that the groundwater levels will go up as far away as Powderhorn Lake if pumping is stopped at the golf course.
- We believe that the engineering modeling for keeping the homes safe had serious omissions: generally accepted freeboard standards were not used, and modeling was not done for the 2014 flood levels.
- The proposed pumping in the neighborhoods will change the direction of water flow, drawing water from the golf course property into the neighborhood. The MPRB estimates that about 46% of the water pumped from the neighborhoods will be from the the "Creek and Lake".
- Water on the new wetland will mimic the level of Lake Hiawatha, and will be at or above the bottom of the basements of nearby homes.
- The MPRB has stated to SaveHiawatha18 that they could stop pumping today and suffer no liability if homes are damaged.
Read more at: SaveHiawatha18 White Paper