Reasons for reduced revenue and increased expenses at the Minneapolis Golf Courses.
SaveHiawatha18 has found the following reasons for reduced revenue and increased expenses at the Minneapolis Golf Courses:
- At least one golf course has been closed or under construction every year since 2014, reducing revenue.
- The MPRB had to catch up on underpayment of their pension plan contributions due to inadequate funding in earlier years (over $1 million charged to the golf courses in 2016).
- The Loppet contract moved personnel expenses from Winter Sports to Golf (estimated at over $500,000 per year).
- Golf Course managers are blind to expenses that are added to their budget at the end of the year.
- The MPRB was very slow to repair the back 9 at Hiawatha Golf Course, reducing revenue.
Read more at: SaveHiawatha18 White Paper