Hiawatha Golf Course History
The first owners of the Hiawatha Golf Course property were the Native Americans of this area. After being taken over by
the United States government, the property was sold to migrants who came into the area.
In 1884, these were the owners of the northern and west sides of Rice Lake (now Lake Hiawatha).
O. Oleson - between E. 42nd and 45th St., Cedar and 19th Ave. S. (17.5 acres)
G. Peterson - between E. 42nd and 44th St., 19th and 24th Ave. S. (10 acres)
Esther Osmer - between E. 42nd and 44th St., 24th and 27th Ave. S. (30 acres)
R. Cummings - between E. 42nd and 44th St., 27th and 28th Ave. S. (10 acres)
1884-1885 - Plat Map - Rice Lake - Richfield Township, Mn
Source:Minneapolis City Directory for 1884-1885, C. Wright Davison, publisher, 1884