Hiawatha Golf Course
SaveHiawatha18 has written a White Paper laying out the information that we have discovered in the past 2 years regarding the attempt to close the 18-hole Hiawatha Golf Course.
This White Paper includes an Executive Summary followed by a Detailed Discussion of each of the following topics:
You can access the White Paper at the following link:
SaveHiawatha18 White Paper
- Environmental myths that have been debunked.
- Why is the excessive pumping of water occurring?
- What will happen to the golf course flood plain if more water is retained?
- Concerns with moving pumping from the golf course to the neighborhoods.
- How to decrease the current level of pumping from the golf course.
- Mitigating pollution.
- Is Hiawatha Golf Course losing money?
- Reasons for reduced revenue and increased expenses at the Minneapolis Golf Courses.
- Financial myth. Costs millions to repair.
- Lack of candor about the level of planning done by the MPRB.
One further note:
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) is defining a revised plan for Hiawatha Golf Course that will include at least 9 holes of golf on the property. This White Paper was written before the new plan is revealed.
But, we understand that the MPRB is still trying to create a plan that would store more water on this property which we believe is
extremely concerning because: